Or oatmeal, farina, whatever floats your boat. I feel asleep with my windows open last night and woke up shivering. The good thing about this is being freezing made me crave a warm cereal of sorts. But wait, gluten destroys my intestines – I seemed to momentarily forget in my morning grogginess. This is a great alternative to glutenous warm cereals.
|Paleo Pumpkin Porridge|
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 5 dates
- 1/2 can full fat organic coconut milk
- 1 heaping Tbsp of sun butter
- 1 Tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup/raw honey (optional)
- Remove leaves and stem from cauliflower and loosely chop. Attach the shredding attachment to your food processor and shred your cauliflower.
- In a medium pot, heat your coconut oil and 2 tbsp water, cover to create steam.
- When the pot top begins to condensate, add your cauliflower to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add your coconut milk, sun butter, and pumpkin to the pot, mix well, and continue to cook.
- Chop your dates into bite sized pieces, then add to the pot. Stir and continue to cook.
- Add your spices and sea salt, and continue to cook until almost bubbling, an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Top with raw sunflower kernels and serve with maple syrup or raw honey.
For thicker or thinner porridge, adjust the amount of coconut milk used.